We welcome you and thank you for investing your talents and time in building bots using Microsoft’s Bot Framework.
Microsoft will review your bot submission to make sure it meets certain minimum requirements before it is publicly available on the Bot Directory. Following are some criteria we use to evaluate your bot before publication to the Bot Directory:
- Your bot must do something meaningful that adds value to the user (e.g., respond to basic commands, have at least some level of communication etc.)
- The bot profile image, name, keywords and description must NOT:
- Be offensive or explicit;
- Include third party trademarks, service marks or logos;
- impersonate or imply endorsement by a third party;
- use names unrelated to the bot;
- use Microsoft logos, trademarks or service marks unless you have permission from Microsoft;
- be too long or verbose. The description should be 8-10 words.
- Microsoft Bot Framework does not currently support payments within bots.
- Your bot may not transmit financial instrument details through the user to bot interface;
- You may not publish bots on Skype that include links or otherwise direct users to payment services for the purchase of digital goods.
- Your bot must operate in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Microsoft Bot Framework Online Services Agreement and Developer Code of Conduct for the Microsoft Bot Framework.
- Changes made to your bot's registration may require your bot to be re-reviewed to ensure that it continues to meet the requirements stated here.
- Although Microsoft will review your bot to confirm it meets certain minimum requirements prior to publication on the Bot Directory, you are solely responsible for: (1) your bot; (2) its content and actions; (3) compliance with all applicable laws; (4) compliance with any third party terms and conditions; and (5) compliance with the Microsoft Bot Framework Online Services Agreement, Privacy Statement and Developer Code of Conduct for the Microsoft Bot Framework. Microsoft's review and publication of your bot to the Bot Directory is not an endorsement of your bot.
- Keep your Microsoft Account email active as we will use that for all bot-related communication with you.